Today I’m talking with Jade McKenzie. She’s an event professional, coach and creator of The Event Head – an event planning, management and coaching agency for heart centred entrepreneurs. She’s also the power pack of knowledge who helped me make my first ever Rock Your Goals Workshop so incredible.
In this episode we talk about everything from finding what you love in your business to keeping your balance and keeping it fun, as well as how to start creating your own amazing events and workshops to take your business to the next level.
So get comfy and come join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or chai, if you’re a tea girl like me) to leave me a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Jade shares how her business has changed over the last couple of years from an inkling of an idea while on maternity leave to the current iteration of Event Head.
- Why you don’t have to know exactly what you’re doing from day one and how dabbling and playing with ideas can fuel your creativity and help you build your business.
- Why you don’t have to shout the loudest to stand out online. How you can thrive and shine by being you, bringing your A-Game and a healthy dose of heart.
- How a layered business can help you grow, learn and connect.
- Why finding your own groove, rather than following a formula is so important for you and your business. How having a plan can help you stay sane during the busy times.
- How to avoid the all in, all the time, burnout and keep your balance while growing your business.
- Jade shares her magic NON-formula for business success.
- Why you don’t have to have a perfect ‘elevator pitch’ for you and your business and how to make introducing yourself easier.
- Tips for entrepreneurs and bloggers who want to connect with their community and run amazing, inspiring events.
- Why diving in the deep end is the best thing you can do for yourself.
- How tapping into your passion can help you move through the fear and make awesome stuff happen.
Quotes From The Episode
Don’t follow a formula, follow your heart.Jade McKenzie
Resources We Mention
Jade’s free 8 weeks to event success checklist
When the Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean
Join The Conversation
Do you host live events in your business? Tell us about them.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy hearing from Graphic Designer, Anna Dower, about building a brand that connects.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.