Today I’m talking with Jade McKenzie. She’s an event professional, coach and creator of The Event Head – an event planning, management and coaching agency for heart centred entrepreneurs. She’s also the power pack of knowledge who helped me make my first ever Rock Your Goals Workshop so incredible.
In this episode we talk about everything from finding what you love in your business to keeping your balance and keeping it fun, as well as how to take your business to the next level through live events and in person workshops.
So pour yourself a cuppa, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or lemon water) to leave a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Jade shares how her business has grown from an inkling of an idea while on maternity leave to a super successful, full-time business
- Why you don’t have to know exactly what you’re doing from day one and how room to play + dabble can fuel your creativity and help you build your business
- Why you don’t have to shout the loudest to stand out online
- How to thrive and shine by being you, and bringing your A-Game and a whole lotta heart
- What it means to layer your business and how it can help you grow
- Why finding your own groove, rather than following a formula, is so important for you and your business
- How selective structure can help even the most creative, non-structured, fly by the seat of her pants lady boss to stay sane + productive during the busy times
- How to avoid burnout and keep your balance while growing your business
- Jade shares her magic NON-formula for business success
- Why you don’t have to have a perfect elevator pitch for your business and how to make introducing yourself easier
- Connecting with and growing your community through live events and in person workshops
- Why diving in the deep end is the best thing you can do for yourself
- Jade’s tips for harnessing your passion and moving through fear
Quotes From The Episode
Don’t follow a formula, follow your heart.Jade McKenzie
Resources We Mention
Jade’s free 8 weeks to event success checklist
When the Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean
Join The Conversation
Do you host live events in your business? Tell us about them.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy hearing from Graphic Designer, Anna Dower, about building a brand that connects.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.