Today I’m talking with Coach, Writer and Speaker Kylie Aloi, who helps women tune out the noise and tune into themselves.
We’re talking about ditching the shoulds in life, creating space for creativity, the perception of success and why we often teach what we need to learn.
There’s also a bit of a Sarah rant about the crappy courses and dodgy dealers who promise the world and don’t deliver. Plus we talk about why you don’t need a degree to rock your goals, giving yourself permission to get started, and we have a really honest discussion about depression, anxiety and mental health and why it doesn’t have to define you or hold you back.
So pour yourself a cuppa, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- Ditching “should” from your vocabulary and doing what you desire instead.
- Surrounding yourself with people who get it.
- Tuning out the noise and tuning into you.
- The gift of imperfection, taking your time to get clear on your niche and your message, and finding the confidence to get started.
- Creating space to connect with your creativity.
- Focusing on the foundations first, and being kind and gentle with yourself when you’re learning something new.
- How not to quit when you’re feeling like shit.
- The magic of time offline when you’re in creation mode.
- Why you don’t need a piece of paper to prove your worth (hint: you’re already worthy, my friend!).
- Busting through the business BS and getting real.
- Depression, anxiety and mental health, and why it doesn’t have to define you or hold you back in business or in life.
- Self-care that doesn’t suck + why it’s so important to look after yourself in a way that works for you.
- #TruthBomb – the only constant in business (and life) is change.
- Why other people’s opinions have nothing to do with you (and how to anchor into your own worth + wellbeing instead).
Resources We Mention
- Lisa Messenger
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Sarah Wilson
- Peter Alexander
- You Don’t Own Me from the movie the First Wives’ Club
Connect With Kylie
Kylie has closed her business and now works as a practice manager at S&K Group – specialists in architectural design and construction solutions
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like episode 70 where Nicola Newman talks about the art of creative living.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.