Today I’m talking with the amazing Lena West. Lena is a business coach for high performing female entrepreneurs who are ready to stop being business owners and step into being the CEO they want to be.
In this incredible episode Lena shares her wealth of expertise on embracing your CEO DNA, busting through the BS of internet bro marketing and why the concepts of failure and competition are keeping us small.
Lena and I dig deep on topics like marketing and making money in your business, pricing your offerings, and how to actually sell your incredible products and service.
Plus, we explore the power of human connection, the gift of starting small and how Lena has grown a super successful business without a website, social media or regular email marketing.
Lena absolutely blew my mind in this episode and I’m already implementing some of the brilliant business advice she shared. She seriously doesn’t hold back on sharing the tips, tools and truths that will help you build a business you love, that loves you right back.
So grab a notebook and pen and settle in somewhere comfy – you’re not going to want to miss a minute of this!
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [3:08] All about Lena & her mission to help female entrepreneurs embrace their CEO DNA.
- [7:27] Busting through the BS of internet ‘bro’ marketing so you can build a business that loves you back.
- [8:20] Leveraging your own CEO DNA, doing business your way, and why being yourself in your business will take you far.
- [11:40] Collaborative versus prescriptive coaching and why it’s all about empowering your clients.
- [16:52] Why it’s time to take radical personal responsibility for yourself and your business.
- [17:57] Failure versus feedback, and why the concepts of failure and competition are keeping us small.
- [20:33] Consciously choosing your business model and curating your experience in a way that serves you.
- [24:25] What it means to build a business that loves you back and how you can too.
- [30:13] Being willing to do something different, finding your way and what Maya Angelou (and the last 90 days) can teach you about your business.
- [36:25] How Lena built an incredibly successful business without a website, social media or regular email marketing and why it’s time to do the real work (rather than the ‘busy’ work).
- [45:33] Why it’s time to stop hiding + the fortune is in the follow up – kicking it old school and how a good old fashioned phone call can help you rock your business goals.
- [47:37] Ditching the victimhood and taking back your power.
- [50:14] How to actually sell the amazing products and services you offer + understanding the energy of money.
- [54:10] Getting comfortable asking for the business.
- [57:13] Staying in your own lane, saying “no” and giving up the good to make room for the great.
- [1:00:16] Want to make actual money in your business? Lena’s got the ‘how’ right here!
- [1:05:49] If you don’t A.S.K. you don’t G.E.T. – aka how to market your business (hint: you can’t sell a secret!).
- [1:10:21] Believing in what you do, leading versus learning together and why you don’t have to be an expert to build your business.
- [1:16:04] The gift of starting small and why you don’t have to “go big or go home” + Lena blows open the doors on pricing and dishes the details on how to price your offerings.
- [1:29:28] Creating real connection and inspiring others by being yourself (yep, messy bits and all!).
- [1:36:46] We make the ask and invite you to do the same + get on board the goodness for Lena’s free CEO clinics – they’re going to be awesome!
- [1:39:22] How to connect with Lena + she shares a beautiful message from her heart to yours.
Quotes From The Episode
There’s no such thing as failureLena West
“Everybody is a CEO and it’s up to you to determine what is your brand of CEO and how can you leverage that information to build a business that loves you back.”
“Are you doing what you want, or what you think will make you money?”
You don’t have to suffer for successLena West
“Get clear about what you want and ask for the business.”
“Do you believe in what you do and the ability of it to make a difference?”
When we know better, we do betterMaya Angelou
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
What would it look and feel like if my business loved me back?
What would it look and feel like if I took radical responsibility for my life and business?
What are my priorities?
How do I want to work?
Is this what I really want to be doing, or is this what I feel I have to do?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Resources We Mention
- Gentle Business Mastermind
- Tony Robbins
- Mel Robbins
- Seth Godin
- Oprah video – No one is coming to save you
- Cheryl Richardson
Explore Your CEO DNA
Take The CEO Pledge
Ready to rock your CEO DNA? Repeat after me…
I am ready to fully accept the amazing human that I already am. I am ready to take radical personal responsibility and own my role as the CEO of my life and my business. I am open and ready to step into my power, follow my instincts, create from the heart and bring my big, beautiful dreams to life.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, wrap your ears around episode 56 where Lauren McFarlane talks about growing a successful business.
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.