Does thinking about your business finances have you busting into a sweat or wanting to bury your head in the sand? And when you think about money does it feel confusing, complicated, or send you into overwhelm? Or maybe you feel like you’re just not ‘good’ at money. If that sounds like you, you’re not alone – and online business finance wizard Parker Stevenson is here to help you feel confident and in control of your money.
Parker’s the co-owner of highly successful bookkeeping business, Evolved Finance, and host of The Bottom Line podcast, which helps online entrepreneurs master their money and run a profitable business (without the fears or the tears).
In this episode he shares practical (and totally do-able) tips to help you track your money, grow your profit, and set your business up for financial success. Plus, he shares some of the common mistakes and mindset traps to avoid, as well as delicious insider secrets that some of his most successful clients use to stop living pay cheque to pay cheque and create true financial freedom.
If managing your money ends up at the bottom of your to do list, or maybe you just don’t know where to start, this episode is for you. So pour yourself a cuppa, grab a notebook and pen, and get ready to step into the driver’s seat of your business finances.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is clean and contains no swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [2:04] All about Parker Stevenson and Evolved Finance.
- [4:38] The importance of niching your business.
- [6:11] The power of word of mouth.
- [8:00] Parker’s transition from the corporate world to supporting online businesses, and the incredible opportunities we have to connect in the online space.
- [9:20] Understanding the difference between a Bookkeeper and an Accountant.
- [12:49] Common mistakes Parker sees people making when it comes to their business finances.
- [24:56] What you can do right now to set your business up for financial success.
- [31:40] Not sure where to start when it comes to tracking your numbers? Listen to this.
- [37:11] How to stop living pay cheque to pay cheque and start getting ahead.
- [42:07] You don’t know what you don’t know – how to ditch the money shame and step into the driver’s seat with your money. And why it’s time we change the conversation about money.
- [52:27] Why you need to keep your personal and business finances separate.
- [58:30] What some of Parker’s most successful clients have in common and how you can (lovingly) steal their secrets to boost your business and grow your income.
- [1:09:05] How to connect with Parker and Evolved Finance.
Quotes From The Episode
Are you paying attention to your numbers?
“If you do good work, word will get around.”
“How can I do more of the things that propel me towards financial freedom?”
“When the numbers are in front of you, there’s nowhere to hide!”
The best mindset coach you have is your profit & loss statement & your numbers.
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
What would it look like if my business was financially healthy?
One action I will take to move towards that vision this week is…
What’s my main offering in my business? How can I make that as amazing as possible? And how can I share it with even more people?
Resources We Mention
- The Fierce Grace Collective by Carrie-Anne Moss
- QuickBooks online
- The Bottom Line Podcast episode 54 – Why your accountant should not be doing your bookkeeping
- Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Evolved Finance’s Free Facebook Group
- Evolved Finance’s Free Sales Forecasting Tool
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might also enjoy episode 46 where Lea Schodel shares how to set strong financial foundations for your business. Or you might like to reduce your expenses, manifest more money, or explore these money affirmations.
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.