Today I’m talking with the amazing Katie Dean from Your Wild Life. She’s a writer, speaker, coach, motivator, mamma and mindset maven.
We’re talking about everything from self-doubt and self-sabotage to building your confidence, rocking your goals, loving your life and also how to do a bit of loving self-pruning; not having to say yes to everything, claiming your own definition of success and really tapping into what makes you feel amazing. We’re going to talk feelings, we’re going to have some fun and I really hope you enjoy the interview.
Listen to the Podcast
If you enjoyed the episode, please take a moment to leave a kind review on iTunes or your favourite podcast player.
Here’s what we’re talking about
- Katie shares her powerful and oh so relatable back story of her turbulent teenage years and 20s when she was scared of being seen, petrified of not being seen and shape shifting to try and fit in. She shares how she went from being the girl who was laughing the loudest and feeling the lowest to creating a life that’s pure positivity, healing and lived with heart.
- That creating life long change is an inside thing (and not the size of your butt or thighs). It’s guided by your mindset; how you see yourself and how you show up in the world.
- Her painful fertility struggle, the loss of her daughter at 14 weeks and how suffering that deep and devastating loss put Katie on the path to healing.
- The points in life that break us open and bring about big change, whether we’re ready or not.
- Getting off the “yes train”, ditching the FOMO (fear of missing out), defining YOUR version of success and being ok with saying no to things.
- How to do a bit of loving ‘life-pruning’ and tap into what’s right for you on your journey in the present moment.
- Designing the life you want first and then build your business around that.
- Learning how to validate YOURSELF and not need approval from others.
- Figuring out how you thrive and working in alignment with your own natural habits and rhythms.
Resources mentioned in this interview
The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry^
Connect with Katie
What’s been your biggest learning from today’s episode? Share in the comments below.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you’ll love my chat with the amazing Roxanne Ford from Baby Mamas.
^ Affiliate link