Jason McGrice knows a thing or two about meditation. His meditations on Insight Timer have been downloaded over 2.5 million (yep MILLION) times and he’s impacting hearts (and calming busy minds) around the globe with his beautiful brand of healing.
In this episode, Jase shares his path from self-destruction to self-connection and how meditation became such a powerful part of his life he just had to share it with others.
He also explains how his path to peace wasn’t as simple as sitting cross legged on the floor and finding inner calm. In fact, when Jase started meditating, every session felt like a struggle – but by trying different approaches and being gentle with himself, it became something he looked forward to.
And if you think you can’t meditate, Jase has got you covered. He shares his tips for creating a meditation practice that works for you and walks us through some of his favourite rituals and routines for self-care. We also dip into Reiki, energy healing, the cultural shift towards spirituality as well as how Jase and his gorgeous wife Jody are sharing meditation with their young son.
This episode is like a hug for the soul and we hope it helps you feel supported and spacious in exploring what self-care, spirituality and meditation look like for you.
So get your comfiest clothes on, pour yourself a cuppa and come hang with us in the virtual lounge room as we talk all things meditation, meaningful living and soulful self-care.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [2:52] Introductions and all about Jason.
- [6:04] From self-destruction to self-love and how Jase’s own healing put him on the path to share Reiki and meditation with the world.
- [8:45] The avoidance of feeling, sharing our experiences to inspire and support others, and the common threads woven through this human experience.
- [11:51] Think you can’t meditate? You’re not alone. Jase shares the struggles he had when he started meditating and how it transformed from a mini panic attack every session to something he looked forward to. Plus, he shares some tips + different types of meditation you can explore to find the one that best supports you.
- [16:26] Creating a conscious morning ritual, connecting with yourself and letting go of your emotional baggage.
- [22:00] Pulling apart our stories, embracing vulnerability, shifting how we define ourselves + asking for help with ‘the stuff’ in life.
- [25:31] Jase shares some of the beautiful rituals and practices that support him and help him stay grounded.
- [27:42] We talk all about Reiki and what it’s like to receive a Reiki healing.
- [29:58] Opening up to intuition + guidance, releasing expectations and allowing ourselves to be healed (even if we don’t always understand how).
- [34:20] Meditation isn’t just for hippies – stress busting, getting out of fight or flight mode and making meditation as much a part of everyday life as brushing your teeth.
- [40:12] Conscious parenting, meditating with children and how Jase and his wife Jody have started meditating with their 2-year-old son River.
- [43:43] Jase dishes the secret details about the exciting global meditation project he has in the works.
- [47:00] All about the beautiful Drop In meditation events and how you can be part of it.
- [48:23] The Polished Man Charity – who they are, the amazing work they do, and how Jase is supporting them through his upcoming mass meditation event.
- [51:23] How to connect with Jase.
Quotes From The Episode
Tap into your body, that’s where the magic isJason McGrice
“Every day is a clean slate.”
“The best way that we teach is through embodying what we teach.”
“Get grounded and go inward.”
Return to the breathJason McGrice
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
How can I care for myself today?
What am I feeling in my body right now?
Where am I feeling it?
What do I need to release right now?
How can I be gentle and kind with myself in this moment?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Resources We Mention
- Binaural beats
- Mantra based meditation
- Guided meditation
- Insight Timer
- Kerwin Rae
- Drop In
- Folklore Café
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, wrap your ears around episode 65 where Katherine Rose Tate helps us sensitive souls make friends with our minds.
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.