In this episode founder and CEO of Blog Society, Jaclyn Carlson, shares her secrets on how to fall in love with marketing and market your business fearlessly.
We dig into everything from storytelling and community building, to social media strategy and how to start marketing your business if it’s feeling scary or hard.
We also explore the magic of support networks, self-care and the big shifts that happen when you start your own business. Plus Jac shares the tools she’s used to ditch fear, frustration and comparison, how she’s built an incredibly engaged community, and why you don’t have to follow the crowd to kick butt in business.
Jac is an incredible woman and she’s shared so many juicy pieces of wisdom in this episode. I have to admit, I found myself writing notes about how to market my business when I listened back to this episode, so I just know you’re going to love it!
So grab your favourite notebook, pour yourself a cuppa and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or lemon water) to leave a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Tips to turn marketing into something you actually enjoy doing (no more sleazy or scary – it’s all about connection and story telling!)
- Where to start if you’re brand new to marketing
- Overwhelmed by all of the options? Jac shares her secret weapon to help you say yes to the right opportunities for you
- The freedom to define success for yourself
- Ditching FOMO and making fear your bitch
- The power of multiple income streams and how you can use them to balance and grow your business
- Your big “why” and how it shapes your business and your community.
- Support networks, self-care and accountability, and why they’re the foundations of a sustainable + successful business.
- Harnessing your energy, finding your own groove and discovering what works for you
- Comparison, envy and jealousy – why they’re totally normal, what they really signal, and how to let them go
- Why its time to focus on nurturing relationships, not numbers
- Jac shares her top list building tips and why it’s time to make friends with Google Analytics!
Resources We Mention
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Hello Bar
- Pop Up Ally
- Google Analytics Academy
- Digital Bravery eCourse
Join The Conversation
What’s your favourite way to connect with your community? Share in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy hearing from Sophie Wood about how to make social media way more fun
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.