In this episode, I’m talking with the lovely Ellie Swift. Ellie’s a mindset and marketing coach for women who are ready to connect authentically with their customers, grow their heart centred business and share their unique blend of magic with the world.
With over 10 years in marketing, and a thriving online business, it’s been said that what Ellie doesn’t know about marketing isn’t worth knowing.
In this episode we talk about building rock solid self-belief, cultivating a marketing mindset, and what it means to step into your leadership energy. Plus, Ellie dishes her secret recipe to creating momentum in marketing your business (hint, it can be fun and feel good!).
We also go behind the scenes as I ask Ellie to share her favourite ways to connect with her community and market her own booked out coaching business, as well as the mindset tools she uses to set herself up for success.
So pour yourself a cuppa, get comfy and grab a notebook and pen because there’s a tonne of goodness in this episode and I know you’re going to want to implement some of the great stuff Ellie shares.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [2:00] All about About Ellie + her transition from a corporate career to her own fully booked business.
- [5:259] Reinventing life and business without having to start from scratch + why it’s OK if growth isn’t always graceful.
- [10:06] Letting go of comparison and creating a unique business that’s a true reflection of you.
- [16:21] The seasons of your business, hard work versus hustle and honouring your energy.
- [20:29] Cultivating a marketing mindset, being of service to your clients and community, and creating rock solid self-belief.
- [24:45] The fear of failure, success and being seen, and why the best marketing tools in the world won’t get you results if you don’t get your mind right first.
- [26:10] Who are you creating for? How to amplify your confidence and create for the people who need it most.
- [29:46] Getting back to grass roots, cultivating relationships and Ellie’s secret sauce for creating momentum through marketing.
- [36:18] Go behind the scenes as Ellis dishes the details on some of her favourite ways to connect with her community (+ hot tip – a lot of marketing is happening in places we can’t even see it!).
- [41:54] Choosing a coach, mentor or marketing strategy + giving yourself permission to play in your business.
- [44:50] Leadership energy – what it is and how it can help you grow your business.
- [54:30] Create a powerful marketing strategy with these powerful questions.
- [56:06] Take a sneak peek at the mindset tools Ellie uses to shine online.
- [59:32] Connect with Ellie.
Quotes From The Episode
Procrastination is just fear in really nice shoes.Ellie Swift
“If your mindset’s not rock solid + the self belief isn’t there, no marketing strategy will support you to catapult you forward – you’ve got to come back to the mindset first.”
“Your business doesn’t have to look like anyone else’s.”
“If you impact one person, it’s worth it.”
Business is a beautiful jigsaw puzzle where you get to put the pieces together in your own way.Sarah Jensen
“It’s not about what happened, it’s about how I chose to respond to it.”
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
Where’s the opportunity for growth here?
Why am I being served this?
What would my inner leader do now?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Resources We Mention
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, wrap your ears around episode 15 where Jaclyn Carlson from Blog Society shares her expert tips on marketing your business
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.