Today I’m talking with the amazing Katie Dean. She’s a mindset coach, speaker, mamma, and author of the Amazon bestselling book, Becoming Brave.
In this episode, we lift the lid on self-doubt and self-sabotage, share our tips to help you Rock Your Goals and your confidence, and we get real about what making real change looks like (hint: it has nothing to do with the size of your thighs or what you ate for breakfast!).
We also explore what it means to do a little seasonal self-pruning and how to stop saying yes to ALL of the things. Plus, Katie will flip the way you define ‘success’ on its head, so you can build a business (and life) you really love.
So kick off your shoes, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or lemon water) to leave a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Katie shares her powerful and oh so relatable back story of turbulent teens and 20s when she was scared of being seen, petrified of not being seen and shape shifting to try and fit in
- How she went from being the girl who was laughing the loudest and feeling the lowest, to creating a life that’s lived with heart and happiness
- Creating lifelong change and why it’s an inside job
- Katie’s painful fertility struggle, the loss of her daughter at 14 weeks and how that deep and devastating loss put Katie on the path to healing
- The points in life that break us open and bring about big change, whether we’re ready or not
- Getting off the “yes train”, ditching the FOMO (fear of missing out) and defining success for yourself
- The art of loving ‘life-pruning’ and how to tap into what’s right for you right now
- Reverse engineering the life and business of your wildest daydreams
- The power of self-validation and owning your awesome
- Learning how to thrive, honouring your energy and working in alignment with your own natural groove
Quotes From The Episode
Be you bravely.Katie Dean
“Fill your own damn cup!”
“We’ve all got the same story, we just wrap a different bow around it.”
“Every new sunrise is a reset.”
“Are you here for the cause or the applause?”
Don’t be pushed by your fears, be led by your dreams.Katie Dean
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
What’s working for me right now?
What’s not working for me right now?
Where do I need to create some space or do a little loving life or biz pruning?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Resources We Mention
The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry
Join The Conversation
In order to flourish, we’ve got to prune things back so the new growth can bloom. Tell us, what’s one thing you’re lovingly pruning from your life or biz right now?
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy hearing from Jenna & Ash of Eff Perfect about ditching perfectionism
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.