Today I’m talking with Kinesiologist, Reiki Master and intuitive healer Steph Demetrious.
In this episode we dive deep into intuition and how it can support us human folk to understand ourselves, and our world, a whole lot better.
We talk about everything from honouring your energy, starting simple and riding the wave of life, to ritual resentment, falling off the bandwagon and releasing any energy that’s no longer serving you.
We also explore the Akashic Records and Steph shares some of her favourite tools and rituals to help you embody your intuition and strengthen your connection to yourself so you can start to live intuitively.
So kick off your shoes, get comfy and come hang with us as we tap into the wisdom and guidance that’s already inside you. I hope you love it.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [1:40] Introductions & all about Steph.
- [3:15] Steph’s intuitive awakening.
- [8:32] Surrendering, sinking in to you and being supported – Steph’s approach to sharing what she knows, and the global shift towards spirituality.
- [13:03] The ripple effect of tuning in, deepening your connection to yourself and how intuition can help soften feelings of uncertainty.
- [17:30] The layers of self-discovery, sinking in to the new version of yourself, and our struggle with change.
- [19:26] Steph shares tools and tips to connect with, and strengthen, your intuition and what it looks like when you’re in your head (versus living intuitively).
- [24:38] I (Sarah) explain how I use my body as a pendulum to muscle test (a practice used in Kinesiology) and tune in to my intuition.
- [26:34] Inside Steph’s toolkit – the crystals she uses for grounding and energetic protection + the prayer (mantra) she recites to release any energy that doesn’t belong to her. (Love note: if you’re an empath or energetically sensitive, this section is a must listen).
- [28:43] The evolution of Steph’s intuitive abilities and how healing and energy support can help you.
- [30:24] You have to feel it to heal it (cliché but true) – we discuss the courage required to sit with your feelings and how to turn up the volume on the voice of your soul.
- [34:03] Our human craving to be understood, how tuning in can help you better understand yourself, and why the answers really are within you.
- [36:00] We explore the Akashic Records, what they are, how they work, and how you can use the information within the records to support you.
- [39:20] Steph walks us through what it looks like energetically when she works with clients and we share some simple ways to ground your energy.
- [42:18] Your journey is your own – connecting with how you’re really feeling + ritual resentment (where you do ALL the things you think you’re ‘meant’ to do to feel good, but it feels exhausting or like a total chore instead) (Love note: there IS an alternative).
- [48:44] Rediscovering the truth within, letting go of ‘should’ and the triggers of comparison that can come up from social media.
- [50:58] Surrendering how you need things to be, asking your soul ‘what do I need right now?’, and letting your soul’s voice lead the way.
- [55:31] The art of feeling – Steph’s process for fully feeling her emotions so she can tap into emotional and energetic clarity.
- [57:51] Whatever spirituality looks like for you – do that! We talk about finding the rituals and practices that work best for you + Steph shares one of her simple, spiritual practices (which you’re probably already doing, but not giving it the spiritual cred it deserves!).
- [1:01:38] The wrap up and how to connect with Steph.
Quotes From The Episode
Turn up the volume on the voice of your soulSteph Demetrious
“We’re all born intuitive.”
“Let your journey be your own.”
“Start with the simple things.”
Whatever spirituality looks like for you, do that!Steph Demetrious
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
How do I really feel?
Where’s my energy right now?
Is this still serving me?
What do I need right now?
What tool or practice would best support me in this moment?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Steph’s Energy Release Prayer
Thank you Universe for handing any energy that is not mine back to its rightful owner, because I love myself enough to let it go and I trust that they will know what to do with it.
Resources We Mention
- Rebecca Campbell
- Akashic Records
- Emma Mildon
- Lauren Aletta
- Ritual Resentment (Steph’s podcast episode)
- Ignite Your Intuition (Steph’s podcast)
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy this episode where Kinesiologist Kerry Rowett shares how to align your energy or this episode where Katherine Rose Tate shares how to make friends with your mind.
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.