Today I’m talking with Ashley Looker and Jenna Teague, creators of Eff Perfect and hosts of the Middle Finger to Perfection Podcast.
These real talking, super inspiring women (and self-confessed recovering perfectionists) are dedicated to helping people around the globe raise their middle fingers to perfectionism and live a life filled with a whole lotta self-love instead.
In this juicy episode we share our own experience with perfectionism and how it can mess with your mind, your business and your productivity. Plus, we explore the fear of being judged, why perfection is a myth, and we share some tips, tools and personal stories to help you give perfectionism the finger.
So kick off your shoes, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains some swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- [1:55] All about Ash + her mission in the world.
- [4:05] All about Jenna + the self-love revolution she’s igniting around the globe.
- [6:13] Spreading self worth like abundant sunshine.
- [8:11] Jenna + Ash and how the Eff Perfect family came to life.
- [12:04] Newsflash – you don’t have to be perfect to be loved or worthwhile (you’re already awesome).
- [13:54] We share our experiences with perfectionism, why perfectionism is such a sneaky bitch and what happens when perfectionism and people pleasing collide.
- [21:16] We share tips, tools and personal insights to deconstruct & loosen the grip of perfection.
- [27:46] What happens when perfectionism pokes its head into your business.
- [34:27] The desire to be liked and finding the balance between being you and being the face of your brand or business.
- [36:52] Finding the courage to share your real self and letting go of the fear of criticism or being judged.
- [40:22] Perfectionism + productivity and how to untangle it to own our worth from the inside out.
- [47:44] Starting to let go of the guilt and need to ‘do more’, gaining a fresh perspective and embracing your inherent worth (hint: your inner child and being your own best friend play a part).
- [55:11] Perfection is an effing myth + permission to let it go.
- [56:15] How to join the Eff Perfect family and take the Eff Perfect pledge.
Quotes From The Episode
Perfect is an effing mythJenna Teague
“Worthiness, self-love and self-care are abundant resources.”
“Plant the seeds of self-love.”
“Perfectionism is a sneaky bitch.”
I want to look back at my life and see more than a bunch of f*king to do listsAshley Looker
Journaling Prompts To Ponder
Is this working for me?
Am I happy?
Is this what I really want?
Want more journaling prompts to play with? Check out Journal to Life here.
Resources We Mention
Pin for later
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, wrap your ears around episode 56 where Carla Da Costa talks about getting out of your head and into your heart.
+ Virtual high fives to Zhanic whose awesome tune “Lift Me Up” is the intro & outro music for the Rock Your Goals Podcast. It puts a smile on my dial every time I hear it and I hope it gets you grooving in your chair too.