If SEO scares the pants off you (like it used to do me) tune in as Award-Winning SEO and copywriting legend Kate Toon shares some straight talking tips and tools to help you grow your biz and turn clicks into customers.
We also talk truths about business building and passive income, how to produce content your community will love, managing a business and a baby, and why it’s not all about the bank balance, it’s about the good vibes too. Plus, Kate lets us in on her own secret recipe for SEO success (spoiler alert, it involves Coffee, blood, sweat, tears, and crisps)!
So kick grab your favourite notebook, get comfy and enjoy the episode.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
If listening to the Rock Your Goals Podcast has made your ears happy, please share it with a friend. Then sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you.
- Simple tips for SEO success in plain English.
- Tips and apps to help you rock your copy.
- Why doing your best is absolutely enough.
- Balancing a business and a baby.
- The truth about passive income.
- Deciding what type of business you want to create and staying true to that.
- Why understanding what your audience needs is key to creating great content.
- Why being generous is cool!
- How to put your personality into your blog and business.
- Not everyone will love you (and that’s okay!).
- Letting go of perfection.
- Why building a good reputation, being generous and providing value is more important than your bank balance when you’re starting out.
- Setting boundaries in business and how to avoid creative burnout.
- Tips to run a Facebook community (as opposed to a promo filled spam fest!).
Resources We Mention
- Hemingway Editor
- Recipe for SEO Success free 10 day challenge (now a paid product on her website)
- The Recipe for SEO Success (Kate’s amazing SEO eCourse)
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy the conversation I had with Sarah von Bargen of Yes and Yes.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.