Today I’m talking with the amazing Kate Toon.
Kate’s an award winning SEO copywriter and consultant, founder of the Clever Copywriting School and The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse and host of the Hot Copy Podcast.
If SEO scares the pants off you, like it used to do me, tune in to today’s episode for easy to implement SEO tips in plain English. Plus, Kate shares her tips (and a great app) to help you sharpen up your copy.
We’re also talking truths about business building and passive income, how to produce content your community will love, managing a business and a baby, and why it’s not all about the bank balance, it’s about the good vibes too.
Plus, Kate lets us in on her own secret formula for success (spoiler alert, it involves Coffee blood sweat tears and crisps)!
So kick grab your notebook, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or lemon water) to leave a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Simple tips for SEO success in plain English
- Tips and apps to help you rock your copy
- Why doing your best is absolutely enough
- Balancing a business and a baby
- The truth about passive income
- Deciding what type of business you want to create and staying true to that
- Why understanding what your audience needs is key to creating great content
- Why being generous is cool!
- How to put your personality into your blog and business
- Not everyone will love you (and that’s ok!)
- Letting go of perfection
- Why building a good reputation, being generous and providing value is more important than your bank balance when you’re starting out
- Setting boundaries in business and how to avoid creative burnout
- Tips to run a Facebook community (as opposed to a promo filled spam fest!)
Resources We Mention
Recipe for SEO Success free 10 day challenge (now a paid product on her website)
The Recipe for SEO Success (Kate’s amazing SEO eCourse)
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy the conversation I had with Sarah von Bargen of Yes and Yes.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.