In this episode, business coach, branding maven and self-confessed strategy geek, Suzanne Chadwick of the Connection Exchange, shares her expertise on building a brand that sells.
We dig into everything from getting clear on your vision, and creating a brand around you and your story, to ditching comparison and finding your people.
Suze also shares why it’s time to make friends with dabbling, her hot tip for breaking up with procrastination, and why the success or failure of what you create doesn’t determine your worth. (Hint – you’re already worthy my friend and there’s no such thing as failure!)
There’s a whole lotta goodness in this episode, so kick off your shoes, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is clean and contains no swearing/cursing.
Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or lemon water) to leave a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Community service announcement: you and your story are your brand
- Suze shares the secret sauce to building your brand (hint: it’s a special blend of connection and emotion)
- Staying true to you and why owning your awesome, instead of emulating others, will help attract more dream clients to your business
- Getting crystal clear on your own beautiful biz vision
- The magic power of dabbling and how it can help you feel great while you grow your business
- Reverse engineering your biz success
- #TruthBomb – people will love you and people will hate you, and it will have nothing to do with you (aka how to navigate the sea of other people’s opinions and ideas)
- Trying to be everything to everyone, All.The.Time? Why it’s time to stop that and how narrowing your focus can actually expand your business
- Ditching comparison
- Defining success for yourself
- Suze’s super un-glamorous (but totally effective) plan to build your brand (hint – it includes a hearty helping of consistency)
- Beating the beast of procrastination, and how opting out of ‘outcome attachment’ can help you get more done
- Loving reminder + we explore why the success or failure of what you create doesn’t determine your worth (because you’re already awesome) and why sometimes you just need to give it a red hot dip!
Quotes From The Episode
Do what sets your heart on fireSuzanne Chadwick
“People will love you and people will hate you, and it will have nothing to do with you!”
“The success or failure of what you create doesn’t determine your worth.”
Resources We Mention
Marie Forleo’s video about giving yourself permission to dabble
Denise Duffield-Thomas’ awesome + honest blog post about the evolution of her million dollar e-course (including all the numbers!)
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Join The Conversation
What will you give yourself permission to dabble with? Share in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, you might enjoy this episode where Anna Dower shares her amazing expertise on all things branding.
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.