In this episode writer, entrepreneur and charity advocate Roxanne Ford talks about balancing motherhood and business.
Rox became a mum at 20 and experienced first hand the judgement and lack of support available. She vowed to change that and created Baby Mamas – an online community with a mission to inspire, inform and support young mums around the globe.
In this episode we talk about the beauty of figuring things out as you go, why done is better than perfect and how celebrating yourself every step of the way can help you maintain your momentum.
We also tap into some juicy mindset tips to help you get started in your business, plus Rox shares her wisdom on mummy guilt and how she’s built a thriving online empire based on kindness and generosity, while looking after her young children.
So pour yourself a cuppa, get comfy and come and join the conversation.
Listen To The Episode
Language note: this episode is explicit and contains light swearing/cursing.
Or listen on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRADIO
Kindness makes the world go round, so if listening to Rock Your Goals has made your ears happy, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider taking approximately one-tenth of the time it takes to drink your morning latte (or chai, if you’re a tea girl like me) to leave me a short review. Bonus brownie points for saying nice things! It’s easy peasy, promise: all you need to do is type a sentence or two on your favourite podcast player (and sit back to soak up the good vibes I’ll be sending your way as a thank you).
- Roxanne shares her story of young motherhood and how having 2 children under 2 by the age of 22 has inspired her to help other young mums
- How to deal with the mummy guilt that comes with taking time for yourself and building a business
- #TruthBomb – most of us don’t really know what we’re doing when we first start our business, and #LoveBomb – it’s ok to figure things out along the way!
- Why you don’t need permission from anyone but YOU to go after your dreams
- How to ditch comparison and feel good about your progress
- Why it’s so important to celebrate yourself every step of the way
- The magic of clarity and why pushing harder won’t get you there faster if you don’t know where you’re going
- How to turn flop into ops (opportunities) and why there’s no such thing as failure
- Feeling the fear and can’t bring yourself to hit publish on your website, post or offer? We’ve got you covered with some loving mindset tips
- How to bring a whole lotta value to your community and your dream clients
- It’s not about the numbers. Say it with me – it’s not about the numbers! Why engagement and community are the only metrics you need to measure
- The art of rest and how taking time off can skyrocket your productivity + sense of purpose
- How to get out of struggle town and get back on the path
- Why making friends online rocks
- Ditching perfectionism and why done is better than perfect
Quotes From The Episode
Pushing harder won’t get you there faster if you don’t know where you’re going.Roxanne Ford
“Done is better than perfect.”
Resources We Mention
The free Baby Mamas Facebook Group for Young Mums
The Raise Foundation
BRIGHT free eMagazine
Join The Conversation
How do you celebrate yourself and your progress? Share with us in the comments.
P.S. If you enjoyed this episode you might enjoy the conversation I had with Katie Dean about building a business you love
+ Loving shout out to Ane Novak who created the wonderful tune “Happy Day” (the awesome intro & outro music to Rock Your Goals the podcast) which gets me grooving in my seat every time I hear it.